Medicine, Dentistry and Health
Human Communication Sciences
- Phonetics of talk-in-interaction
- Typical and atypical speech development in children
Typical and atypical speech development in children:
- linguistic, psycholinguistic and interactional approaches
Phonetics of talk-in-interaction:
- turn-organisation and overlapping talk; alignment; focus
- Turn taking by cochlear implant users
Current Research Projects:
- Overlapping talk in conversation: phonetics, phonology and interaction. Leverhulme Emeritus Fellowship 2016-18. Research Associate Dr. Emina Kurtić.
- Meeting the challenge of simultaneous talk for cochlear implant users. Funded by Arts and Humanities Research Council. 2014-15.With Professor Guy Brown, (Department of Computer Science) and Dr Harriet Crook ( Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust) http://overlap.rcweb.dcs.shef.ac.uk/ Research associates: Dr. Amy Beeston, Erica Bradley, Dr. Emina Kurtić.