School of Health and Related Research
Medicine, Dentistry and Health
- Occupational Therapy
- Realistic, developmental and complex evaluations.
I joined the School of Health and Related Research (ScHARR) as a researcher in 2010 following completion of a NIHR fellowship MSC in Clinical Research. I am a Health and Care Professions Council registered Occupational Therapist (OT) with 19 years’ experience. I specialised in Stroke rehabilitation in 2001 and worked in this role with Sheffield Teaching Hospitals until 2016. I have a BSc in Occupational Therapy from the University of Wales College of Medicine and BSc in Geography from Aberystwyth University.
Within my research post I am evaluating the Perfect Patient Pathway Test Bed Programme. I also contribute to the Collaboration Aiming to Build Occupational Therapy Research (CABOT) programme of work, notably the older people and sight loss and ‘Virtual Visit app’ projects.
As a Research Associate I have worked on the following projects:
- Internal evaluation team of the CLAHRC-SY
- Evaluation of the Doncaster Cancer Survivorship Programme
- The CLAHRC-SY Patient Experience of Transient Ischaemic Attacks study
- Curriculum Development of the ScHARR MSc in Clinical Research
Current Research Projects:
- Perfect Patient Pathway Test Bed Evaluation