The CATCH innovation vouchers are designed to kick-start short-term R&D projects between CATCH academics and industry partners. The industry partner must match this voucher with £5K cash. We have one last voucher to allocate and welcome applications by 21 October 2016.
To apply for the funding please download the application form and guidelines from this link: CATCH Innovation Vouchers – Application Form and Guidelines September 2016. Please note that the deadline for applying for the final Innovation Voucher is 5PM Friday 21 October 2016.
Please note that the Innovation Voucher funding must be spent by 31 March 2017.
Further details about the scheme are below.
Benefits to the academic
- Kick-start a new collaboration with an industry partner
- Support from the CATCH team
- Develop a long-term strategic, mutually beneficial partnership with industry
Benefits to the industry partner
- Double your investment of £5K; the full cost of the project will typically be £10K*
- Access to over 70 innovative academics from 17 different departments at the University of Sheffield
- Access to the HomeLab
- CATCH has a track record of working successfully with over 20 industry partners to develop, evaluate and implement new technologies
- Develop a long-term strategic, mutually beneficial partnership with CATCH
* The company invests £5K in cash and the University of Sheffield matches this with an innovation voucher of £5K.
mHealth Assist is a flexible mobile technology platform to support assisted living, helping people to live more independently. It is a collaboration between Dr. Peter Cudd, HMA Digital Marketing and Tunstall Healthcare and was initially funded by an innovation voucher.
“Collaborating with HMA was a great experience. With little money we could apply our expertise and transform ideas into industry appropriate prototypes creating impact stories for the REF. Simon and his team managed the legal, business and administrative tasks so we could focus on our research and innovation.”
Dr. Peter Cudd, Senior Researcher, University of Sheffield
“The collaboration with CATCH has helped to develop our assistive technology portfolio. We have subsequently secured contracts with a number of healthcare organisations and we are excited about the opportunities that working in this arena presents.”
Nicola Tiffany, Managing Director, HMA.
The app is an award winning collaboration!
It won the Bionow Innovative Ageing Award and The University of Sheffield Innovation in Healthcare Award.
HMA has also recently been cited as one of 10 Future Leaders by Creative England for their work in this sector.
The deadline for applying for the final Innovation Voucher is 5PM Friday 21 October 2016.
To apply for the funding please download the application form and guidelines from this link: CATCH Innovation Vouchers – Application Form and Guidelines September 2016