Thank you to all those who submitted extended abstracts by the 1st September deadline, due to the numbers of submissions that we received we would like to create an extra parallel session and would welcome further submissions. Please see the information below for the information from our original call along with the new deadline: 16th September 2016.
The Technology for Independence (T4I) Conference, formerly RaATE, will be hosted by the University of Sheffield to showcase Assistive Technology (AT) related research and service innovation across health, education, employment and daily living. It will occur at St. Mary’s church, Sheffield, 28th November 2016.
We encourage you to submit extended abstracts for presentation or as a poster. The extended deadline is 16th September 2016. This year we have selected the following themes:
- Technology adoption;
- Technology enhanced learning;
- Emerging technology, e.g. Virtual Reality, Robotics, Smart materials, …;
- Cross-platform digital accessibility;
- Multiplatform AT;
- Rehabilitation technology
Authors who have a proposal for a topic outside of these are welcome to contact the organisers to check its acceptability.
Note by submitting an extended abstract authors accept that their submitted abstract will be published online with a Creative Commons licence 4.0 by the T4I organisers. Also that a copy will be lodged by the organisers on an open repository such as Researchgate, Whiterose, or academia.edu. This will happen within 90 days of the T4I 2016 conference.
After the conference authors of presented work are free to also place their presentations (or a cut-down version) on SlideShare or some other maintained open access online location. If authors wish their abstract to link to their presentation they must supply the web link to the hosts within 30 days of the T4I 2016 conference (as a citation to add at the end of the abstract).
- Submit your abstract online by 16th September 2016, please visit www.t4i2016.org.uk to submit.
- You will hear if it has been accepted by 26th September 2016.
- Re-submit with any corrections by 21st October 2016. Authors of accepted works will be required to register by this date for confirmation in the programme.
More information about registration, fees and exhibiting is available on the T4I website: www.t4i2016.org.uk